ABA Program

Oct 20, 2011
So I've begun a parenting course to do with ABA. The first night was last night. I have the oldest kid in the class. All the other kids are 7 and under. I feel a little out of the loop, but I was told that once we get further along it will make more sense, and there will be more geared towards older kids. They have grouped IBI parents and ABA parents for the first couple of sessions.

I did learn about more reinforcers that I could use with Rosy. I'm glad about that. I need to use them right away and they have to be quick things, to get the point across at first (then they can be longer things like playing video games), when she is showing that she can do the things we want her to do. I want the kids to come in and empty their backpacks and their lunches before they do anything. That doesn't seem to be happening, so I need to find a small, quick reinforcer that will work. I plan on using it with both the kids, even though Flash is considered "normal."

I also learned about pairing and that we should be doing this every day. Pairing is when you play with your child and don't expect anything of them (like getting them to answer math questions). Rosy is getting older, so I need to figure out ways to spend one on one time with her and not have an agenda. After this busy, crazy week, I will put more effort into it. I tried tonight, but she didn't want to join me on a search around the computer. Oh well. I can't force her either.

I will post more as the course goes on, as I'm sure any help that I get may help any of you.

Bye for now!
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

0 comments:

Post a Comment