School's In!

Sep 6, 2011
Yes, I'm excited. I don't have to worry about how I'm going to get babysitting for the kids while I work now (I only work a couple of days a week, and it's too expensive to put them in camp for a full week.

Now back to routine, and me being able to post on here more regularly. Still want to post motivational verses from the Bible and how they relate to what we are going through. Will start that shortly (just wanted to quickly update you all).

Rosy is doing well. The last few weeks have flown by and she is doing well on her new meds (Adderall XR). She still has her attitude at times, but I'm thinking it may be her age. We are getting a referral for behavioral help and hopefully that will start soon. She is working harder to look after her bunny too. Rosy surprised the heck out of me this morning, and was able to get up and get everything done that she needed too (including having a shower), with time to spare (lots of it). In fact I allowed the kids to watch a little TV this morning, as a treat. I want to limit screen time during the week, and only allow it on the weekends (so I have to figure out how to praise (bribe?) her every day that she does this). I hope now to be able to post more on the things that she does too, so that this may help others somehow.

Anyway, we all need motivation! I was in need of some (still am, everyday!), and came across this blog post (love how God works): My Mom Life
Well, I decided that I would write down all the verses, and then post them here (and others that I find) with a little reason as to why it speaks/spoke to me. I will try and post this separately from the regular posts too, but wanted to get this started now (plus I have to work the next couple of days, and nights are busy with volunteering for YouVersion helping out with their BlackBerry/Web support).

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne. This of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won't become weary and give up. After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin.
Hebrews 12:1-4

Well, I didn't mean to pick one of the longest ones, but it is one that jumped out at me. This one makes me think of the movie Passion of the Christ and how Jesus endured so much pain. I get so frustrated with Rosy, and she's not torturing me, or being as cruel as the people were to Jesus. Really, it's nothing compared to what Christ went through!! It makes me take more time and stop before I get frustrated (at least it did when I first read this). Rosy was shaking the bed, while I was reading this verse and writing some thoughts down, and I asked her a couple of times to stop (nicely). I choose not to get frustrated and didn't! Now to remember this the next time! Oh the joys of being a parent sometimes. She wasn't purposely bugging me, and I see that now. I have to remember this, and know that with her ADHD/PDD-NOS and her working memory issues, that she is not doing this stuff on purpose (well most of the time she isn't). We all need to remember what Jesus endured, and really think about the fact that we are not going through anything like that. He didn't get angry and scream and yell (or spank..lol...sorry seems a funny thought). We, as parents, need to take steps back and remember "it could be worse!"

Thanks for reading! Off to get the kids from their first day of school!

0 comments:

Post a Comment