Wondering Why, and Being Thankful....

Jun 6, 2011
Well, Rosy has been on Biphentin for a week now. I emailed the doctor about her being up so late, and she told me to give it a week to settle down. She is still up quite late, but I plan on giving it a bit more time. The meds seem to be helping during the day, for sure! She had a wonderful week of school and did quite well every day.

This weekend she did awesome too. Helped that she had a new "toy." My Mom, Dad and brother all got together and got her a Kobo E-Reader for her birthday (her birthday is not till this coming Saturday, but what's a week?). She read so much over the weekend. She finished one book, and then I told her about the classics that were on the reader. Well, she decided she was going to read Peter Pan, and that's what she is doing. There was the odd issue with her being negative or having an attitude, but all in all it was a great weekend.

Now, I bet you are wondering about the title of this post? Well, I am wondering why God allows some of the things that he does! I just chatted with a cousin of mine, and her son has been diagnosed with DMD Muscular Dystrophy! I took a few minutes to read up on it, cause I didn't know what it was (we were chatting on facebook, and I didn't get a chance to ask more about it). Now I'm very sad and frustrated! Her beautiful son has an awful disease that will ultimately lead to his death in his late teen's or early twenties. And here I am dealing with my ADHD/PDD-NOS daughter. I understand that God gives us only so much that we can handle, but that is a tough one to handle, I'm sure. To know that your child is going to die in 15-20 years, really just sucks! I'm sitting here in tears writing this, because I'm so sad for my cousin and her family. I just don't know what I would do. I want to help, but how? Prayer, I know. But what to pray for. I want to pray for complete healing, but don't know if that is God's will. Ugghhh....

When I was a kid, I wanted to be older and be a mother and all that. Now, I would rather be back there, as a kid with not too much to worry about. My niece tells me she is stressed at 16. Well, I'm sorry, but stress at 16 is nothing! Yeah, I'm sure it is a little stressful, but I would take that stress over all the stress that I have lately, any day. Oh, and I know that I am supposed to be laying all my worries at Jesus' feet, and I try too, but hey I'm human.

I do have to be thankful though. I have two kids, that are wonderful, and I love dearly. I have a wonderful husband who is very supportive, and very loving. I have some awesome friends too. So, I do have a ton to be thankful for. So, thank you God for all you have placed in my life. I pray your blessing over my cousin and her family, and I pray your healing touch on that adorable boy who should not have to be dealing with such an awful disease! In your mighty name, Jesus, I pray. AMEN!

0 comments:

Post a Comment