Blogging for Ayn

Jul 22, 2011
I am so saddened by this case, that I had to post something about. A little girl named Ayn has been taken away from her loving family and put in foster care. The problem is that she has autism, and the ministry felt that they were "helping" the family by taking her out of their home. The dad, Derek, is a loving father to three kids (two of which have severe autism). All he wants is his little girl home. You can read all about the story all over the internet now, but I wanted to add a blog post to help get the word out there.
Here is one of the best links to get all the info:
Blog for Ayn

I have had children's aid out to my house three times now, and hate that they have become involved in our lives. The first time, was when Rosy came forward about her sexual assault. It was important that CAS become involved, and I gladly accepted their help then. The second time, was for an over reaction on my part and for my lovely daughter imbelishing a story a little bit. I had tried to grab her out from under the bed, and had pulled her hair in the process (I didn't intend too, of course, but crap happens). When dealing with a child who didn't want to go to school, and was telling me off (and we didn't know about the diagnosis of ADHD at that point), well things escalated and we both were yelling at each other. It was a frustrating day to say the least. Well, CAS came and told us that we were not to spank our child, yada yada yada. She then quickly closed the case. Still you wonder what they are thinking and what they are going to do, and you get anxious and stressed, and it's just no fun.

The third time (just a couple of months ago now), CAS came out, because hubby had spanked Rosy on the bare bum (a neighbour must have seen it through the window). Now, before you get upset at him, he had witnessed a pastor friend of his do this with his children years ago, and they all turned out to be wonderful God fearing grownups. He was not doing it in anger at the time (he was angry, but had put that aside), and he was using it as a last resort with her. We had tried a few time outs and removing of privileges, and removing toys from her room, and to no avail. I can't even remember what the argument was about, but she was on her being very stubborn, and trying to get her way about something. The spank was enough to get her to finally stop yelling at us, and to calm down a bit, so that we could discuss things a little more rationally. Again, this was before her diagnosis of ADHD/PDD-NOS. Again, stress and anxiety big time goes along with the visit.

Now, I have to admit that they are being very helpful now, and even paid for a week of camp for each of my children. They are trying to get supports for us, and that has been amazing. Once they found out her diagnosis, things drastically changed. It was them against us at first, and now they on our side and trying to get whatever support they can get. I have to be thankful for that. I will be truthful, and say that I am a little frustrated that they are in our lives, but hey I have to look at the pluses right now, and not worry.

For this family, the stress they all must be going through....I just can't imagine! I pray that this is rectified very quickly and that little girl goes home very, very soon. I also pray that this doesn't affect her any worse than it probably already has. Taken from school, and not able to see your father for two weeks, has got to be awful. I just pray God's loving arms around her right now, and that He comforts her, when her father can't be there to comfort her. Help them all Father!

What can you do? Check out the above site, and make sure to sign the petition too!
Also, check out the facebook group
Check out the donation site too which was created by fellow blogger Kat Moody.

If you are here in Canada, think about emailing the Prime Minister and others that are listed on the site too. I am planning on doing so.

Here is the info for the Prime Minister:
Stephen Harper Office of the Prime Minister
80 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2
Fax: (613) 941-6900
E-mail: pm@pm.gc.ca

Help where you can, and pray for this family! Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Terri. said...:

    I do not know exactly what your going through, but my prayers are with you and all parents with a child with a disability. I know it takes a special type of person to handle it and God knows your special and strong...and he is always right there with you...

    I follow you via GFC and sent a request on Blog Catalog.

  1. Chris said...:

    Thank you Terri for those kind words! I have added you on Blog Catalog and am following you back on GFC.
    Hubby and I have been saying that God must know that we can handle this, or we wouldn't be going through this. It's nice to hear it from others as well!
    Hugs!!

Post a Comment